Israel: Gaza Hospital Used As Military Base

The Israeli government released photos and video reportedly inside the al Shifa hospital in Gaza. The news came after Israel captured both the hospital and the building used by Hamas as a parliament.

The Israel Defense Force (IDF) announced a targeted operation at the hospital on Tuesday and Wednesday. Israel’s government claimed that the Hamas terrorist organization was using the hospital as a base.

Photos posted by Israel’s official X account showed weapons reportedly stored in the MRI building of the hospital. Photos of the complex show a number of firearms and magazines.

Some photos appear to show grenades and religious material within the hospital complex itself.

Following the raid, the Israeli government released what it called “concrete evidence” that the group was using the medical facility for military purposes.

During the raid the IDF called a “precise and targeted operation against Hamas,” Israel reportedly killed several Hamas fighters and found explosive devices outside of the facility.

The United States government believed since 2014 that the hospital was being used as a command center by Hamas. The group has consistently denied that it used the building for military purposes.

The Israeli military said that it communicated with hospital officials about how to care for infants in the hospital’s neonatal unit.

White House National Security Council spokesperson John Kirby said Wednesday that Hamas’ actions were a “violation of the law of war.”

Separately, the IDF destroyed the building being used as a parliament by Hamas. The building was captured earlier this week. Israeli soldiers posed within the parliament hall with their nation’s flag prior to destroying the structure.

Israel continues its operations in Gaza following the Hamas terrorist attack on Oct. 7 that left more than 1,300 people dead.

Earlier in the conflict, Palestinian sources blamed Israel for an explosion outside of another hospital in Gaza, claiming that it killed 500 civilians. However, further review showed that the explosion was likely caused by a Palestinian missile and that the death toll was far smaller.