Pro-Palestine Protesters Shake White House Gates

A group of pro-Palestinian protesters shook the gates in front of the White House during a raucous demonstration that took place this weekend. The protests at the president’s mansion came as several pro-Palestinian protesters defaced statues in the United States and Britain.

The Saturday protests included a number of protesters attempting to scale the fence in front of the White House. Some of the participants threw items at members of the Secret Service while others shouted “Allahu Akbar,” or “God is Great” in Arabic.

The protesters also shouted the phrase “From the river to the sea Palestine will be free,” which is often interpreted as a call for the destruction of Israel.

Some shouted “Guilty” toward the White House while protesting the actions of President Joe Biden. Some of the signs showed Biden as a clown with the caption “Genocide Joe” or a “child murderer” due to his support of the Jewish state during its war with Hamas.

The protesters defaced a number of monuments during their protests over the weekend. In Britain, the protesters removed the British flags in front of the Cenotaph, which was constructed in memory of servicemembers who died in World War I, then rededicated to the fallen in World War II.

The demonstrators replaced the existing flags at the London monument with Palestinian ones. The monument was also vandalized during the Black Lives Matter protests in 2020, with one incident in which protesters attempted to burn a flag at the monument.

Furthermore, protesters in the United States defaced monuments dedicated to Revolutionary War heroes Benjamin Franklin and the Marquis de Lafayette.

The incidents over the weekend come as a wave of antisemitic attacks and incidents grew across the world. In France, a Jewish woman was attacked and a swastika was carved into her door.

The woman was attacked in her home in Lyon. She was hospitalized after being stabbed and has since been released from the hospital. She said that a man wearing dark clothes and a mask attacked her after ringing her doorbell.